The Oaks 2015 - Ladies Day at Epsom

LETS GO TO THE RACES
For those of you who are not familiar with The Oaks, the prestigious horse race takes place in my hometown of Epsom, Surrey. Every June, thousands of people flock to the Epsom Downs to participate in one of the most fashionable events in the racing calendar, ladies day. Most of you will've heard of the Epsom Derby? This is probably the most famous horse race in the world and takes place on the day following The Oaks. However, ladies day is traditionally the time to showcase fashion, glamour and style. 

As the name suggests, this is an occasion where ladies dress to impress. You'll see red soled stilettos, amazing dresses and spectacular fascinators. In recent years, the event has equally become a day for men show off their most sleek and current looks. For guys, The Oaks is a day to get suited up, put on your favourite shades and look your absolute best. Luckily for me, I live on Epsom Downs! (Hence why the pictures were taken in my porch before heading over to the grand stand).

WINE IS THE NEW BLACK
For this years races, I was besuited in one of my favourites, the Ronson wine dinner suit by Skopes. This ensemble is one that perfectly fits this occasion. I wanted to avoid something black, as it is summer after all, but the fact that my plans would run into the night meant that I wanted to avoid pale, wishy-washy pastels. I adore the deep purple colour of this suit, it's something unusual but still sleek and subtle. The black satin trims finish it off perfectly. If like me, you live to turn heads and cause outfit envy, this is the two piece for you.  

The problem with the ambitious colour choice of this suit is finding a shirt and tie that not only goes, but brings out its elegance. I have achieved this by keeping it plain, simple and sharp. I've gone with my Lambretta retro mod shirt (in grey pinstripe) with a black Skopes skinny tie. (Similar)

The suit is a statement in itself, this pairing does not take away from that. The grey cuts through the deep purple which creates contrast that brings out the vivid colour. The simplistic black tie brings it all back together by mirroring the satin trim of the jacket. This combination can only be described as perfection.

THE DASHING DETAILS

The suit says it all. For this reason, any additions must be understated. For an event like this, understated means being able to exhibit high-end apparel in a low-key manner.   What better way to do this than with my footwear of choice, The Versace Collection city shoes, one of my most beloved possessions (seriously...). These shoes are made of super soft Italian calf leather, making them exceptionally light, comfortable and high quality. When you're on your feet all day, these are a life saver. They take this outfit to a new level of class, giving just what is needed. 

The sunglasses i've chosen here are so very cool, stylish and are bang on trend for SS15. They are of course the Ray Ban green classic G15's. The thick black frame is bold and current, the lens is polarised and has a slight green tinge which I love. You can never go wrong with a pair of Ray Bans! What better way to finish off my look for The Oaks. 


Hope you enjoyed reading, 














0 comments:

Post a Comment